It is easy to be thankful when life is good and everything around you is going great. However, when faced with numerous trials, being thankful does not come easy. Nevertheless, as Christians, we should cultivate a thankful spirit all the time.
"give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you, in Jesus Christ".
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance".
- James 1:2-3
As a person in the midst of trials, what are ten things that I am thankful for?
- My trials have drawn me closer to the Lord. It has strengthened my faith in Him.
- I've learned to be totally dependent upon the Lord. He knows what is best.
- I have developed patience, perseverance and self-control. I know I still have a lot to learn but am getting there.
- I've cultivated a prayerful life.
- I am thankful for my friends who give me spiritual advise, emotional strength, those who pray for me, those who make me laugh and keep me company.
- I am thankful that I have managed to garner consistent "A's" in school.
- For the good health that I continue to enjoy.
- I enjoy going to school and I am thankful for the knowledge that I gained from each of the classes that I attend.
- I am thankful that I haven't had any problems with my baby (who's now 14). He is a loving, obedient and respectful young man. Although we are thousands of miles apart, he remains my source of inspiration.
- and most of all, I am thankful for the gift of life. I trust that the Lord has good plans for me :)