- Seeing forehead lines and neck jowl when I examine my face closely in the mirror.
- My gray hair is starting to show (have to dye my hair every 5 weeks).
- Losing weight is now a problem (two decade ago, gaining weight was my major problem).
- My favorite stars in high school are now in their 40's and 50's. I chuckled upon learning that my favorite Angel, Farrah Fawcett-Majors, was 62 when she died this year. Man, I am old!
- This was my dream boy in high school:
He looked like this in the late 70's
Here he is 30 years later
He's now 51 with wrinkles. Makes me feel old!!
Despite the wrinkles and the puffy face,
he still possess that gorgeous smile
that made young girls of my era go crazy over him.
If you recognize him, then you must feel old, too. haha!
- Being called "auntie" by the young people in church.
- A lot of my students in Junior Sabbath School (ages 8-11) are now married with kids.
- I have some classmates in paralegal school (U.S.) who were still in grade school the year I passed the Bar in the Philippines (1991). I feel ancient!!
- My niece who's my original "baby" is now a young lady (she's 19), and
- My baby, Nathan, will be in college in the coming school year. He's only 15 but the thought that he'll be a college student very soon makes me feel old. It was only yesterday when I was giving them baths and buying them toys.