In French, "noblesse oblige" literally means "nobility obligates".
According to the French Wiktionary, the Dictionnaire de l'Academie francaise defines it, thus:
1. Whoever claims to be noble must conduct himself nobly.
2. Figuratively, one must act in a fashion that conforms with one's position, and with the reputation that one has earned.
Wikipedia further states that "noblesse oblige" is generally used to imply that with wealth, power and prestige come responsibilities.
This reminds me of a Biblical passage, "Much will be required from everyone to whom much has been given. but even more will be demanded from the one to whom much has been entrusted." (Luke12:48, ISV).
This award is presented to bloggers who display consistency in any one or a combination of these conditions:
- The blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
- The blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
- There is a clear purpose at the blog; one that fosters a better understanding on social, political, economic, the arts, culture and sciences and beliefs.
- The blog is refreshing and creative.
- The blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
Thank you, extraordinary mom, Enchie, for this Award. I am passing this honor to an amazing woman of God, Thess. Thank you for sharing with us with your God-given talents.